Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's starting...

to look and feel like Christmas here. With all the talk to Christmas this and Christmas that online because everyone knows that the Christmas season is in full swing in the scrapping world...I am in the mood already to decorate. See I am a last minute kind of girl in the house. Outside the lights have to be up by a certain date because of the neighborhood but inside usually lags behind and I take it down right after Christmas...a naked tree is depressing.

Shimelle last weekend had a Christmas Crafting weekend. I started slow and worked on a few things but mainly I worked on my December Daily.

The first challenge was a Woven Christmas Card. I scrap lifted Melissa Mann because my card skills are less than what they should be.

Photobucket

The next thing that I tackled was the size of my Christmas Journal. At first I thought that I would do a 6x12. All went well. I gathered my paper, cut it to size, covered my covers, decorated the cover page and then I attempted to punch the holes. Because of my bad hands...no crop-a-dile for me because I don't have the strength to squeeze. (It only bothers me when I am at the scrapbook store and its part of the class and people are looking and waiting for the tool. I try to skip it) So I old schooled it and used a paper punch and hammer. Well all went great on the first set of holes...the 2nd set - not so great. I was going to leave it until I noticed that my paper was pulling so I just had to walk away. I went to bed and realized that I can just cut my paper and move on.

My journal is now 6x9.25. I cut right under the holes. I also moved on to my Bind It All. So yes, my pages have holes and bind it all holes on one end. Oh well, I am not perfect.

My Cover
Fancy Pants Christmas Magic - Deck the Halls
Photobucket

Inside Foo-Fa-La - Black, Red and Cream
Photobucket

My Inside Cover Page Basic Grey Wassail - Mantle
Photobucket

All My Pages More Info Soon
Photobucket

Next I worked on my page numbers for my pages. I went with the same style because my paper is all different.

Photobucket

They are a Maroon with white numbers cut with Keystone on my Cricut. I rounded 2 of the corners of my maroon squares and used Diamond Stickles on half of the numbers to look like snow.

**********************************************************

In all of this drama, I worked on my Christmas Cards. Pinterest was my inspiration. Remember what I said about cards and me...

Here is what the ones I found from Sweet Paperie

Photobucket

Here are mine
Photobucket

Photobucket

I used Ocean, Pear and Black Bazzill. A corner punch, Ribbon, Buttons, a Uni-Ball Black Gel Pen, a stamp from Studio G and black ink.

*******************************************************************

On the baby home front...we are at 2 weeks and the babies are all over the tank and still hanging on momma. They are getting bigger :)

Photobucket

No comments: