
The Great (Pumpkin) Fun Run

Samantha last year at the 5K race she ran.
Cardstock: Purple and Leapfrog Bazzill
PP: Echo Park Happy Halloween Jack-o-Lantern, Karen Foster Spooktaclar Purple Ghost, and Making Memories 'Dem Bones.
Embellishments: Bakers Twine, Basic Grey Bling Pumpkin and Distress Ink in Black Soot
Letters: October Afternoon
*****************************************************************************************
I had a 2 week up check up on August 3rd from my surgery. So another day spent out of town. And the beginning of a very busy weekend.

We took my mom to see Cirque Du Soleil on Saturday August 4th. She loved it! Our seats were great but I have a feeling that all the seats were great. I think all of it was her favorite. My favorite was the guys on the wheels of death

Courtesy of Twin Cities Daily Planet
Sunday August 5th, we went to College Station to see Amber and Kyle. They just moved into their apartment and I got to see their new bundle of joy - Victor

All was going well with Cosmo. We had a recheck on Monday August 6th and yes he was in Kidney Failure but the new blood work showed that it was still no where near what clinic #1 said it was. So we were going along, doing what we had to do and all was well. Deception I tell you...Deception.
When I left for work on Wednesday August 8th, Cosmo was normal. Normal! I come home and he is breathing fast and shallow. I give him his meds and wait. It was a rough night. Yes, there are emergency clinics but there is no way that I can afford the emergency clinics since we are on the Dave Ramsey plan and Cosmo has already cost us the majority of our emergency fund. So Thursday morning, Cosmo went back to the vet and this is the picture that Samantha sent to me of him in the oxygen cage:

He was home Thursday night....apparently he can't come off of one of his meds and he had too much "play" time with Betty the Sheep. Betty and Betha the other girlfriend is now put up. Wish us luck :)
*****************************************************************************************
Sketch 307 is now up at Scrapbook Challenges and can be found here

She's My Ride

This is my bike, her name is Betty. No relation to Cosmo's Betty that he enjoy's "playtime" with (the girls named her - not my choice and they say it like a sheep would bah so its not so bad) My Betty is named after my grandma who was strong, she was the backbone of the family and she kept everyone going. I plan on riding the MS 150 next year. The Lone Star MS 150 is a 150 mile bike ride from Houston to Austin that benefits Muscular Sclerosis. I am going to ride for a friends partner. She has agreed to sign my bandana.
Yes, I know I am overweight. I am so out of shape it isn't funny. I have a bad back. I am 40 and haven't done anything that required athletic skills since high school. There is a long list of excuses that I can come up with. Its time to stop the excuses and do something. If I don't, I will always be as I am now: overweight, out of shape, bad back, 40+, and lazy. In the words of Ashley Sullenger...I can do hard things. My hard thing pales in comparison as hers but I know I can do this. I have to do this for me. I have to do this to help others. This will be the hardest thing I have ever done but I am determined to do it. I will be updating as we go along and I start training. I have an appointment for my steroid shot in my back so see I have already started :)
Cardstock: White and Silver Bazzill Bling
PP: SEI Bridgeport- Pavillion, Scenic Route Laurel- Baywood Lane and Studio Calico Classis Calico-Numerical.
Embellishments: Making Memories Defined, Deja Views Vellum Saying, Maya Road Chipboard Arrow, Acrylic Paint, Frosted Lace Stickles, MME Nostalgia Brad, Pink Paislee Prairie Hill Button, Die Cut Butterflies, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist-Seven Seas, Kaisercraft Droplets, Tim Holtz Ink in Black Soot, Glossy Accents and a Silver Zig Pen.
Letters: Autumn Leaves and Doodlebug Rub-On Letters, Jilliebean Soup Letters and Thickers in Lullaby.


No comments:
Post a Comment