Sunday, April 10, 2011

I've been holding out on you...

It seems the last two weekends, I have found some time and the energy to do some scrapping and I didn't realize until today exactly how much I have done. In fact...there are enough layouts that I am going to have to split them up so my post isn't long.

Getting started and going way back...this was my layout for January 28th for Sassy Lil Sketches.

Party of 6
Photobucket

Journaling reads: Its a family tradition. Christmas Eve we all gather to eat, watch Christmas Vacation, open presents and catch up.

Supplies I used:
Cardstock - Kraft, Vanilla and Bon Bon Bazzill.
Printed Paper - Bo Bunny Harvest Dot, Basic Grey Wassail Snow Storm and Mantle.
Embellishments - Misc and Maya Road Ribbon, Lace, Bakers Twine, Maya Road Pin, Tim Holtz Ink in Fired Brick
Letters - MM Glitter Letters, AC Poolside Thickers and Silver Uni-Ball Pen


******************************************************

From February, Cheri created a great sketch for a 4x6 side by side and I had the perfect idea to capture my goofy youngest daughter. Here is the link to the February 28th sketch and below is my take

Never a "dull" moment

Photobucket

Journaling reads: Never afraid of a chance to make a fool of herself she is always the goofy, funny girl in the crowd. You can expect to be in tears from laughing so hard at her. Age 15. (Just in case, the 1st photo is her at Wal-Mart riding Pumba (yee-haw) and the 2nd is her taken at school in Biology with her hair making a mustache hence the "I mustache you a question")

Cardstock: Pear and Cupcake Bazzill
Printed Paper: A mix from my stash - American Crafts, October Afternoon and SEI
Embellishments: Sassafras Nerdy Birdy Journal spot and flower ribbon from Joanns
Letters: October Afternoon, Cosmo Cricket and AC Thickers


****************************************************

This next layout is what seemed to spark my new interest in scrapping. I was surfing a couple of Friday afternoons ago and I ran across a challenge blog but for the life of me I can't remember what it is now but they featured a lot of Page Maps sketches. I picked a few and thought to myself...I can do this. Just sit at the table, block everyone out, turn on the club music - because my scrapping happens between 7 and 11pm on Friday and Saturday nights so I listen to The Baka Boyz, Tony Styles, and DJ Penetrate.

This layout is a little out of my element because of all the details and it was pretty hard since it was my 1st layout "back". I think though that it turned out pretty good considering it was the 1st layout "just because" since November 2010.

Why is it ALWAYS mine!

Photobucket

Journaling reads: This was taken at Spring Creek Park after your meet. It amazes me that you are such a goof ball and that you are so carefree. (Yes, she is swinging out over the water in her track uniform and tennis shoes)

Cardstock: Kraft and White Bazzill
Printed Paper: Misc. PP from my stash
Embellishments: Ribbon, Crate Paper Rub-ons, Bella Blvd. Ciao Chip, Buttons, Bling, Star Bling. I used Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher for the ribbon.
Letters: Carolees Tiny Letters, Pink Paislee and Jenni Bowlin. Chocolate Zig Pen.


Check back on Wednesday for the next 3 layouts :)

No comments: