Sunday, June 3, 2012

Scraptastic Challenges

A couple of months ago, I decided that it was time to start back with a kit club. I lurked and watched for about 6 months to see the consistency and the quality of the kits for the price. I found Scraptastic Club by chance one day, ordered one of Jessica's older kits to use on my December Daily and was pleasantly surprised. Needless to say...I kept watching. You know how it can be, a great kit one month and the next month you get it and wonder where the rest of the kit is. Well Jessica's kits are not that way at all! Every month there are challenges on the blog and this is the first month that I have played along. It pushed me to get to the table, inspired me to do somethings that I haven't done in quite sometime and helped me to fall in love again with my supplies and tools.


Challenge #1 - Punch it Up

mmm...cupcake Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket The cupcake truck here in Houston that I follow on Facebook to find out where they are going to be and what the flavors of the day is. It is wonderful!


Challenge #2 - Use a Song Title

Celebrate (good times) Photobucket Photobucket A photo of one of the cap and tassels that I made for my middle daughters graduation party last year. I have them packed away so that I can use them in two years!


Challenge #3 - Buttons, Brads and Flowers

She Can Talk Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket My daughter has finally learned to use the phone to talk on it. I can't believe that she finally met someone who doesn't really text. Goodbye 20,000 text messages a month and hello Friends and Family!


Challenge #4 - Sketch Challenge

Find The Centaur Photobucket Photobucket Now in my defense he used to be so much hotter. I think that he has been living it up and working too many Ren Faires. Hence the use of my last piece of Bo Bunny Napa Valley Wine Labels from long long ago.


Challenge #5 - Make your own Tag and Use it

One Day Photobucket Photobucket

This is my bike that I have picked out. Once my husbands bike is out out layaway, mine will be going in and I can't wait. We have decided that we are going to ride the MS 150. We aren't sure if we will be able to do it in 2013 but we will do it by 2014.

1 comment:

adele holcomb said...

Delightful LO's, Carla! I love some of the little details, like the curl of paper for the Ren Fair.

I'm pretty new to Scraptastic too, after my old kit club closed last year. Like you, I bought a couple kits on clearance, and loved them. Glad you are enjoying the challenges -- that little push to meet a goal is just what I need; and I've been enjoying the new Forum as well -- have you checked it out?