Saturday, June 12, 2010

Catching up on the week

Catching up on everything for this week in one post so hopefully it won't be too photo heavy for you :)

The last layout that I can show you from my teaser earlier in the week is called "He tried". It is about a boyfriend who thought he was all that and more. Come to find out, he really was not a good boyfriend. I haven't included his name on here but it is on my layout for the girls to look back on later.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Journaling reads: this was the 1st time a boy tried to come between any of you. Shortly after this photo was taken on Amber's birthday we found out that **** and Samantha were texting each other at night after everyone was in bed. I was checking phone records and found it. Amber came unglued. The relationship was over because he said "it was no big deal". Amber didn't talk to Samantha unless she had to for almost two weeks. He tried...but he didn't succeed. 2010

I used White Bazzill, Bam Pop PP, Misc paper from my stash and cut out butterflies from another PP, Ribbon, Cat's Eye Chalk, Stickles, Brown Zig Pen and Thicker in Brown Chipboard.

***************************************************

I also made a mini album for a TGIF challenge at ScrapFreak last month. Every month there is a member run crop the last weekend of the month. Its fun and it gets you scrapping. Shannon (Chickie) had a challenge to use our names for a recipe. I didn't get mine finished in time but it is done and it turned out pretty cute if I have to say so myself.

C - cardstock
A - Alphas
R - Ribbon
L - Layers
A - Album

I got this idea from Rachel Hall at A Million Memories during their NSD crop. It's really cute but I didn't have the office supply part so I used brads.

Summer Fun 2009
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used bits and pieces of Cosmo Cricket and Jenni Bowlin left over from a kit from Bring Your Own Memories who went out of business last year. I used a brad to fasten it all together, ribbon and a tag. The letters are AdornIt Random Mini Letters.

**************************************************************

Stephanie Howell had a giveaway on her blog from her May Sponsors. There was some great stuff up for giveaways and like every month I throw my name on there in hopes of getting a goody box in the mail. This last month was my LUCKY month!

My name was drawn to win the Mini Journal from Cindy Ruijgrok. I had my choice and if you haven't caught on by now...I chose the butterfly journal.

I got it in and let me tell you, this baby is CUTE! I haven't seen anything like this before and I can't wait to get started creating my little journal. Here is a pic of everything that came in my super quick box.

Photobucket

I still can't believe that I won and how much stuff came in that box. I can't thank Stephanie enough for the laughs and tears that I get from her blog but also for my mini journal that she introduced me to. You need to check Cindy out because you are getting the good stuff and the journal is sturdy and the papers are great!

That's all for now except a random 5 things about me for June 12, 2010.
1. I really need to go and buy some scrapbook goodies - adhesive, ink and anything that hops out at me.
2. I am going to scrap my little heart out this weekend.
3. Pizza is on the menu for tonight but tomorrow is Pot Roast
4. I think I am going to buy "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" to read even though its been out for a long time.
5. I tried Bret Michaels "Trop-a-Rocka" Snapple and its good but I am not a fan.

No comments: