Monday, July 5, 2010

Scraps from the past week

I have really been out of commission the last week. Some how, some way - I hurt my back. I have been living off of hot showers and heat patches to make it through the day. I have taken it easy and not lifted as much at work but I have a hard time sitting, standing and sleeping. I did manage to finish some projects and layouts though that has to be my silver lining in the whole pain realm.

We did a flip flop exchange at work. This was the 1st time that we've ever done it and I was at a loss on my girl and had to ask a couple of my co-workers and they steered me in the right direction. She loves Altoids! The limit was $5 and like most limits..it was broken.

Photobucket

White Flip Flops, Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Sequins on elastic, thread, marabou trim, Velcro dots, glue, pins and mini Altoid tins full of 'toids.

Right before I left that day, a co-worker slacked and admitted that she hadn't bought her girls flip flops so I did them as well. She is a Kit Kat feen. She is the one that needs her chocolate and it gets stuck in the vending machine.

Photobucket

Brown Flip Flops, Red Grosgrain Ribbon, White and Red Satin Ribbon, thread, White Cardstock and Mini Kit Kats.


***********************************************

I did work on one layout yesterday for fun. I used the June 28th sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches as my inspiration. If you haven't checked them out yet...what are you waiting for?

Here is the sketch:
Photobucket

and my layout:
June 2010
Photobucket

Left to Right - Top Row: Newman-still a pain. Amber-started dating Mike. Robert-new hiding spot found.
Left to Right - Bottom Row: Cosmo-turned 12 yrs old. Samantha-is now a freshman. Emily-graduated school.

I used White and Yellow Bazzill, Misc Scraps from my stash, a button, and a Zig Pen. The letters are Thickers in Delight Black Vinyl.

3 comments:

Katie said...

first off, those flip flops are a riot! so fun!
your take on the sketch is just fab! wonderful photos and a way to track a month.

D said...

Wow, those flip flops rock! How sweet are you to do one for your coworker! Love your sassy sketch too.

Beeceecreativity said...

Carla, so glad to have meet.. fabulous work.. now i look to see more of you ..hugs Bev