Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Layout

I really like the sketches from Liz at the Scrappiest. She is keeping me very motivated and keeping me scrapping my way to my goal!

Here is her latest sketch and here is my layout:

2 views
Photobucket

Journalling reads: It's only been in the last year that I have started noticing the beauty that greets me most mornings. Some days it's just there but some days its just wow!

Admiral and Thunder Bazzill
Basic Grey Marrakech: Cardamon, Sencha, and Elderflower
HS Chipboard letters
Maya Road Ric Rac
Chipboard Arrows
Grungeboard
HS Brads

**********************************
On another note:
Last year when my husbands family was selling their parents house. I took the two rose bushes from the back yard - cut them back and brought them home to plant in my yard. The one rose bush didn't make it and I found out from my husbands sister that it was a cutting and had never done well. The second bush was a deep red miniature rose. Beautiful. It bloomed again before fall, made it through the hurricane and bloomed a little bit after that.

Fast forward to now. I cut them back right after Valentines and started counting my buds on Saturday - between my 2 rose bushes that I had already and then Nannie's rose bush, I had 17 buds. Monday, Nannie's roses start to bloom and its PINK! I have never seen such a thing! I didn't know they could change colors and I looked and it was not a sucker that was growing on there because I didn't cut anything that was low off.

If you are reading this: Have you heard or seen this before?

Here is the rose now:
Nannie's Pink Rose

And the rose bush last fall:
Photobucket

3 comments:

My Scraptacular Life said...

I love your LO!! It is really beautiful! The color scheme is perfect with your awesome pics :)

Aphra Bolyer said...

Good job on the sketch, Carla! I love the brackets and the arrow...they really pop. And, no, I've never heard of a rose changing colors just from pruning. Wonder what color's next? :-D

Lisa Smith said...

Beautiful photographs and great job on the sketch!