Saturday, December 5, 2009

Brr! Its Saturday :)

No snow today but it is very cold outside, granted not as cold as yesterday but still cold. I love my little heater that I have in my scrap room keeping my toes warm while I scrap to my little hearts content.

Things that happened this week other than the snow. I started and have kept up with my December Daily. I have the album made, covered and decorated. I have all the pages cut and the holes punched in them. I have them numbered and I have to figure out how I want to do them now. I really want to send the pics off to Scrapbookpictures.com because I can get them in the size that I need them and not have to worry about cutting and then either messing it up or not having enough room to trim the pic. So that is my quandary on this part of the book - do it how I want and add the pics later or having them printed off weekly and trim them myself.

The best thing really this week is that I used my points at work to get my own laptop. So it makes it a lot easier on me now because I don't have to wait my turn to get on the family computer. Points you wonder. Well I work in sales and when you sale so much you can get a money incentive to sale as much as you can or they offer points to certain websites. Its up to the company to determine how much each point it worth. I cashed in 301 points and I got this laptop. Its little but I really like it!

**************************************
Apron Strings this month is doing the 25 days of Sketches leading up to Christmas. There are prizes along the way for doing at least 3 sketches in the week and then you do all 25 sketches you automatically get a treat. I love treats!

Day 2 - Becky Fleck
Quite the (pear/pair)
Photobucket

Photobucket

My daughter and her best friend. Journaling reads: The two of you are definitely a pair! You coordinate down to the shoes matching clothes. This photo was taken after school during a homecoming week theme day: Dress like a nerd day. I think you two mastered it!

I used Hershey Bazzill with October Afternoon Farm Fresh "Farmyard" and "South Forty" patterned paper. White gel pen, Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Stickles, Maya Road Chipbord Pear, Zig Pens, Making Memories Journaling Spot. Letters are Making Memories Tiny Letters Pink Ledger and Jenni Bowlin Reverse Brown Stickers.

Day 3 - Julie Bonner
When?

Photobucket

Journaling reads: (When?) did you grow up? How did I miss it? I can't believe how fast time has flown. It was only yesterday that you were the one who took naps with me on the couch and now you are a full blown teenager! No matter how big you get-you will always be my baby! Nov. 2009.

I used Java and Whirlpool Bazzill, Little Yellow Bicycle Autumn Bliss "Brown Leaves" (both sides) , White gel pen, Robin's Nest Dew Drops. Letters are AC Thickers Grey foam.

Day 5 - Amy Crockett
K9 Poser

Photobucket

Journaling reads: This dog cracks me up! Ever since he was little he has been a poser! If he sees a camera in your hand he will sit, perk his ears and "smile" all on his own without anything said!

I used Raven Bazzill, Misc. PP from my stash, black bling, Cats Eye Chalk in Charcoal. Letters are AC Thickers in Poolside black vinyl.







2 comments:

Lori said...

I love how you glittered the animals on the OA paper -- among my favorites. And I can't believe how quickly you cranked out a layout based on Amy's sketch - today's sketch! Great work and you're welcome for keeping you motivated!

Bessie said...

Carla, wonderful LO's. There are lovely. I gotta say though, that perfect pear is my fave, hehe.