Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hello off days!

I love this time of year...paid off days and vacation time of top of that to extend the normal off days.

This time of year is like my birthday...I don't work it. My anniversary is tomorrow and I can't wait! This year we decided on a steakhouse. Our 1st year, I had a horrible allergy to something going on and my nose was runny and I was stopped up at the same time. I think I sneezed about 100 times during dinner. We went to Pappadeaux's. I had the Cedar Salmon. The 2nd anniversary, we had to take our youngest with us. We were watching American Iron Chef one night and saw a guy from Houston who went against Mario Batali and lost but still...a "famous" chef...we had to go. We made our reservations and off we went. The name Ibiza. They didn't have a kids menu so they came out and talked with Samantha and asked her what her favorite thing to eat was...they made it for her. It was amazing!! Last year, we went to Benihana's. It was so good!

I did a bit of scrapping this week. No layouts but at least I worked on something to get me out of my scrappy funk. The Everyday Scrapper posted a few things and I just had to try them out.

The last minute Christmas Card
I couldn't make a Christmas card no matter how hard I tried because it was past Christmas and it just didn't feel right so I made a Valentine's card instead from scraps.

Photobucket

Inside:
Photobucket

Everything was from my stash, nothing was new. I used Stickles inside the lines of the stamp for a little something extra.

Paper Roses:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Made from scraps, the frame is a Bazzill frame that I picked up 2 years ago or so on clearance at a scrapbook store about 50 miles from me.

No comments: