Saturday, December 26, 2009

Gearing up....

for the New Year.

I know that I am going to make some changes to my blog. I have actually been thinking about them for about a month now. I really want to be here more than 2 days a week on the average which is really just the weekends when I upload what I have done that weekend. So be on the lookout because I am looking to be here on average 4 days a week and I will be incorporating more than scrapping into my blog because after all, I am more than scrapping...I am a mom, wife, taxi driver for teens, a full time office worker and a woman who loves girly things but isn't girly at all anymore.

I have also been thinking about my scrapbook goals for 2010. This year my goal was 183 layouts. I hit that goal in November. This next year isn't going to be about quantity but quality. No, I am not going to spend $10 a page but I want to make my pages more meaningful - tell more of a story and not just make them cutesy to get something on paper. KWIM? Sure, I know this isn't possible with every page because not all photos require a lot of journaling.

One thing that I already know that I will be following in 2010 is Project 12. Becky Fleck will be providing a sketch monthly to get you to scrap how your month went. When you are finished for the year you have a great way to look back at all the things that went on. Because you are doing it monthly...if you are like me...you won't be struggling to remember what happened in the pic.

Here is the January Sketch (click to enlarge)
Photobucket

And for me as much as you, the timeline of new sketch releases and reveal dates for the year!
January sketch and official launch: December 26th
February sketch: January 30th
March sketch and January reveal: February 27th
April sketch and February reveal: March 27th
May sketch and March reveal: April 24th
June sketch and April reveal: May 29th
July sketch and May reveal: June 26th
August sketch and June reveal: July 24th
September sketch and July reveal: August 28th
October sketch and August reveal: September 25th
November sketch and September reveal: October 30th
December sketch and October reveal: November 30th
Final album reveal and prizes: January 15th, 2011

1 comment:

Catherine said...

That was a big scrap goal! I never made any layout goals like that because I'm intimidated by them to tell you the truth! I just scrap.. and the number of pages I make, I make.
I agree with you about the quality over the quantity... after all, what are you going to treasure most? The number of pages you made, or how beautiful the pages you made are?