I have lots of hope for 2010. I hope that my job makes it one more year without any layoffs, I hope my husbands new position is all that he wants and more, I hope that my daughter doesn't wreck the driver's ed car when she takes it in February, I hope my insurance doesn't go up that much when she gets her license, I hope that my youngest daughter doesn't end up with her first broken heart, I hope that the US uprights itself with the budget, jobs, the war, and the struggles that are going on right now.
I mentioned in earlier posts about my changes for the New Year. My first change is my word for the year...no, its not "hope", its "think". I need to think about my choices, think about what I want, think about what is good for my family, think how my actions affect others.
According to Webster's, "think" as an intransitive verb means:
- 1 a : to exercise the powers of judgment, conception, or inference : reason b : to have in the mind or call to mind a thought
- 2 a : to have the mind engaged in reflection : meditate b : to consider the suitability <thought of her for president>
- 3 : to have a view or opinion
s of himself as a poet> - 4 : to have concern —usually used with of
- 5 : to consider something likely : suspect
This change is going to be a Friday 5. With the Friday 5, they will be random things that I run across while surfing blogs and websites that I find that intrigues and inspires me. It could be an ad, a layout, a mini or a full blown altered project. I will give full credit and the links to where you can find the site so you can take a look for yours.
The plan is still to post on the weekends and any day that I have a layout or two to post but I will also be doing a Monday Thoughts post and a Wednesday Wishes post. Monday's thoughts will be taken from The Simple Woman's Daybook and I will use it to recap the last week and my plans for the new week that is starting. Wednesday Wishes will be the new things that I run across. It could be as simple as new items being released, to fashion, to learning a new technique.
With that all said, here we go :)
Friday 5 - 1/1/10
1. Christmas Paper Wreath by Lisa @ the Red Thread - yes, Christmas is over but this could be adapted into any holiday. I love how it is simple looking to make but in the end it looks stunning :)
2. Starbucks Coffee Cup Album by Wilna on Ali Edwards Blog - Just one more reason for me to go to Starbucks for coffee instead of using my Folgers at home! Because I am a paper scrapper and well...I would want it to be mine - this looks to be so simple to make on my own using Wilna's instructions!
3. Amber Ulmer. I am a white space girl and man oh man...this is a woman after my own heart! She has the cutest little girl too! She reminds me of Elsie a lot. She is the guest designer for Studio Calico this month.
4. French Charming. I love this blog, lots of eye candy and things that I just love period. I honestly think that Karyn would be one cool woman to hang out with. When I look at her blog...I just want to put on my Chanel Sunglasses, little black dress, white pearls and gaze through the Tiffany's window.
5. Calendar and Glitter Pen on the PK Glitz website. I love that it is small enough that it won't take a huge amount of space on your desk and that you can use your scraps to make the pages!
*****************************************
If you are still with me...long ago I mentioned that when I hit 100 posts on my blog that I would have a little goodie for someone. Hopefully I have a someone who reads me and I am not alone. I am going to leave it open until Wednesday, January 6th. Please leave me a comment below about your outlook for the New year and one lucky person will win a RAK from me :) Good Luck!


5 comments:
This Friday 5 is a great idea.
For 2010 I'm aiming to really settle into my new teaching career. There will be a lot of wedding planning for me in 2010 so I also want to make sure to keep my calm and sanity in check :)
Scrapping for me is a stress reliever as well... no wonder I turn to my papers, ribbons, and photos whenever I can ! :)
Happy 2010!
I finally settled on a word for 2010... Accomplish. I have so much that I want to accomplish... daily, weekly, monthly... work, family, house, friends, scrapping, reading. You name it!!
I hope you have a great 2010! :)
Friday 5 is a fantastic idea! I am enjoying your blog. the pictures are fun, the inspiration is wonderful! This new year has so much to offer! I just have a huge feeling that amazing things will come this year...this is the year I am going to make it all happen and really strive to do and be, instead of just setteling. Happy new year and thank you for what you do!
Lovin' the Friday 5 idea! I love finding new blogs/inspiration from other people!
For me the New Year is going to bring lots of changes! I will be having my first baby is April, so I'm hoping that I will be able to deal with all the changes without becoming too overwhelmed!
What a great idea! Sounds like fun!
In 2010 I would like to get healthy. Also practice more patience. I hope that I can acomplish both of those.
Happy New Year!!!
Post a Comment