Sunday, January 31, 2010

Creative Sunday

I can't believe that is Sunday already. Why does the week drag by and the weekend flies? Its not fair. :(

This weekend I have 2 layouts for you. Who's that Girl and The Everyday Scrapper. Both in general was hard because they were challenging...but challenges are good really it gets you out of your box.

Who's that Girl?
This weeks prompt was to scrap about our name. How you got your name, nick name or any other name related story.

Carla
Photobucket

Photobucket

Do I like my name...its okay. Would I have chose it...no. Funny thing is - my mom named me the name that Grandma came up with and it never made a difference in Grandma's eyes how she felt/feels about mom.

I used scrap teal cardstock, Fancy pants Kraft Cuts #424, Cosmo Cricket - Mischievous Max, ink, and Heidi Swapp brads. Letters are Cloud 9 Downtown in cream.

********************************************************************

This week for The Everyday Scrapper we used a sketch by My Minds Eye. And the sketch came from their blog challenges #6 for paper flowers. This sketch was hard because when I look at it...all I see are flowers. No there is nothing wrong with flowers but this is a lot of flowers. My deadline on this layout was today and I stared at it for 3 weeks before finally something came to me last night standing in front of the paper racks at Hobby Lobby. Then things started coming into place and I could see the layout in my mind. I didn't start the layout until I could see the whole thing for fear of being stuck halfway. Crazy...I know.

Fly
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think I have a pic of all 3 girls in this pose. I am so not sure what is it about this pose that is so attractive to them. Cool? maybe??

I used Diva (bling) and White Bazzill, The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) Moire Fleur in Floral, Green Stripe and Small Flowers. Ink, and bling. The butterflies were traced and cut from a Heidi Swapp ghost. I used textured White Bazzill and then sprayed heavily with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Vanilla Mist. The letters are MM tiny letters and AC Thickers in Black Vinyl.
*********************************************************************

Since I had a slight mishap yesterday where I ended up on the floor where I hurt my wrist - this is all the scrapping you will see from me for a few days. It hurts to use the scissors and the flex certain ways. I am off to see what happens next in my newest book...more on that later.

2 comments:

Karen said...

hope your wrist gets better soon
love your work

Catherine said...

I love the LO of your name... and that is a gorgeous picture of you! I should do a LO about my name... I may "steal" that from you! :)