Sunday, January 3, 2010

A little creating

**Please read through this post to find out what you need to do to be put in the drawing for a RAK from me for reaching 100 posts.You have until January 6th to enter**

*****************************************************************

The last 5 days have seemed to fly by and I go back to work tomorrow. I feel like a mix of Betty Crocker and Martha Stewart. I have cooked and cleaned, packed away the Christmas things, straightened my scrap room and now once again...changed my blog.

I did do a bit of scrapping this weekend but not at much as I would have liked. I have one layout to post now and a DT layout for "Get Meaningful" which will soon be known as "Who's that Girl" which will be posted later in the month.

Our anniversary was wonderful! We went to Sullivan's Steakhouse and it was amazing. Very romantic. I had the Ahi Tuna for an appetizer, the wedge salad w/ homemade blue cheese dressing, a NY Strip steak with horseradish mashed potatoes and chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. I brought half of it home! Then we went to the movies and saw "It's Complicated" Great movie in general - I felt sorry for them (each of them), I laughed, I teared up, and I laughed until I teared up. It was like a real grown up date! I haven't had one of those in a long, long time. I also realized with the girls gone for 2 days that I am so not ready for them to move out. Sure, I love my husband and love spending time with him but I was lost without them. I am pretty sure that I will try to stop them from leaving home. :)

This is our 4 year photo. Good thing I got that great deal on my tripod...
Photobucket

When the girls came home, I was ready to take them to take photos to send out New Year's cards since I literally forgot to send out Christmas cards (I never have done that before...they are always 1st) And then Newman struck when he was playing.

This is from March 2007
Newman was about a year and a half and still super hyper. He scratched her right under her eye (the same eye) She still loved him though.
Photobucket

This is from yesterday:
Now 4 years old and he was too excited over his new toy.
Photobucket

So here is my impromptu photo session...messy hair, baggy clothes and scratched face.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The layout that I can show now is my word for 2010. I did it monochromatic and based it on a thought from Scrapfreak and The Everyday Scrapper.

Think:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(think)
•about what I want this year
•before I open my mouth to speak
•about what is good for my family
•my actions and how they affect others

I used Bazzill cardstock, Crate Paper PP, Ribbon, Buttons, Thread, Bling, MM Vanilla Paint and Vanilla Glimmer Mist. The letters are Fancy Pants Chipboards Letters. I used Stickles on the "N"

No comments: