I have a scrap room that I share with the our home office. Meaning...I am never alone when I scrap - sometimes that is good and sometimes that is bad...but I have a dream. In fact, I have been harboring this dream since at least 2007 when I fell in love with a building I saw at Home Depot and started making plans :)
I want my own little scrap house that sits out behind the house. One like this little house:

...but in light blue with white trim. I want a front porch so that I can have 2 chairs where I can sit and watch the sun set. 2 front windows, a side window on both sides and a front door and back door with lots of windows in them.
Inside I want a light cheery yellow with white trim, crown molding and 2 rooms. I want the main area to be large. My scrap area would the bigger majority of this area but I also want a place where I could have a sitting area with a chaise lounge:

...in cream of course. I would also need a place for a little kitchen area complete with a little refrigerator,sink and table for 2. The second room would be the bathroom.
I want lots of cabinets along the wall for storage and to show off my different trinkets and collectibles. I know that I really want one of these shelves from IKEA - it is the Expedite and it runs around $150.

I would have white cotton eyelet curtains and lots of counter space. I really want a typewriter. I think I would like to have a Royal typewriter like this one:

...but in teal. I want to have an area that I can spread out and scrap sitting down or standing up. Wireless internet, satellite tv and radio, an air conditioner and a small heater for the winter time.
Yes, this does sound like a very large wish and one that will probably never come true. Sure, I will probably get my own room that I don't have to share one day and yes, that room will be yellow with white curtains and storage. I will be okay that it is only a room and not a scrap house.


1 comment:
Oooh wow I love that typewriter, and that chaise longue! You and I have *very* similar taste! Gorgeous picks!
Post a Comment