I did something that I hardly ever do during the week anymore - I scrapped. Cristal (Pinky) has a new challenge blog calls Dirty Scraps and I thought I would give it a shot and try to keep up with it.
The challenge this week was to scrap a peeve, annoyance or an angry moment but with a twist...you have to put it all in perspective. I scrapped about my lack of friends.
friends


Journaling reads: (the bad) I seem to have this annoying habit of making friends who turn out to be very selfish, neurotic, needy, two-faced, in the middle of a very bad situation and drama queens. I am very thankful that I have yet to meet one that is all of these combined. I really think that I am a bad friend magnet. (the good) I can count on 1 hand my true and longest friends. We both know that we are there for each other. The friendships I have with them that are real friendships. I am very thankful for the women in my life that I call my true friends...my normal non-drama filled friends!
I used Kraft and White Bazzill, Ribbon, Chalk, Buttons, Acrylic Paint, Bling and a MM Journal Page. Letters are MM tiny letters in black and white, Heidi Swapp Chipboard letters in She and Center of Attention, Basic Grey Undressed Monograms.
I made this one for fun :)


Journaling reads: Since I first got my Nikon in May 2008-its been a mission for both Amber and Samantha to "beat" the camera. Meaning make the face before or as the photo is taken. Amber seems to be the winner of this little endeavor. I think they didn't think this through though because I am now the winner of a very attractive photo to scrap :)
I used Sunbeam and Raven Bazzill, Scenic Route Garden Grove, Chalk, Buttons, and Heidi Grace Heart Brad. Thickers are Patchwork, Salutations, and Delight in Black
Also be on the lookout this Friday for some fun. Get Meaningful is going to be changing its name to Who's that Girl. It is going to be a year long challenge with prompts all about yourself - how often do you really scrap about yourself? Sure, you scrap everyone else including the dogs but what are you going to leave behind that is about you for your family to cherish? I know that I am the worst about scrapping myself because I hate to be in front of the camera. I am looking forward to making an album about myself.

***********************************************************************
These are my wishes for the week. None of them are scrap related this time around but none the less...I still wish for them.

A Pea Coat - I have a wanted one of these babies forever and a day. One day...it will be mine.

Le Cruesent Stock Pot - The Barefoot Contessa freak in me needs one of these. I know that I would always use it :)

DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom - I have to be careful with perfume because I get a headache but this stuff is wonderful! I attack the samples that come in the Ulta catalog and I don't know how much more I have to hint before he gets it.

Alfred Angelo Gown #7043 One year for my anniversary I would like to dress up and go out to a hotel and celebrate my anniversary and the New Year. I would love to wear a dress like this one :)

New Shoes from Zappos I am a wierdo because I won't wear heels that make me taller than my husband. These I think would go great with my dress up there!


6 comments:
OMG first of all I am a total BAD FRIEND magnet! LOL
And your LO rocks!
Secondly I am drooling over those pots and pans! They are so amazing and i cannot afford them LOL
Normal friends wanted here too! LOL
Don't worry...I can't afford them either. I think I would have to give up scrapping to get them and that's not happening!
I love the page that you did for Pinky's challenge. Great job! I think her blog ROCKS and cant wait to see more of everyone's work.
I love your friend LO.... and I love Sex and the City!
I want those Tiffany Blue Pots!! They are gorgeous!!
Bad friend magnet...I am this concept as well!! Thanks for the LO!!
why are there so many more bad friends out there than good friends?? I can so relate. I call them "characters." lol your layout in so cool!
Post a Comment