Wednesday I worked on 3 layouts at work for different themes and challenges. Friday night, I finished up 1 layout with embellishments and then worked on a 3 more layouts. This post is going to be photo heavy, so sit down, buckle in, have your drink in arms reach and here we go.
This year for Thanksgiving I went a different route. (Unfortunately...I don't have photos for this part) I made Cornish hens, fresh green beans with bacon and onions, carrot souffle, stuffing, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, and rolls. I also went off the deep end and made a pumpkin pie and chocolate cream pie too! I really cooked this year and it didn't come from a box!
Friday we went to the Ren Fest. It was the 1st time this year that we went and for us that is odd. We have been averaging about 3 trips a season. I saw something this time around I have never seen before. One was...well we shall call him "loin cloth" boy. Oh my. It wasn't really a loin cloth but more of a pouch with fur to cover his butt cheeks. My 14 year old said "what the..." and the woman in front of us said "I've never seen that before out here" Was it shocking? No. Unexpected, yes. I did not get a pic because I was the one with her mouth hanging open watching him walk by. Next I saw the biggest 'fro on a white kid I have ever seen and something makes me think that it was real.

There was a guy walking around with a very tall Mohawk. I think it was the tallest I have ever seen.

Then there was a very tall "girl"

Henna's were in the picture again this year.
Amber and Sean's Ladybugs. Robbie and I were in shock he got a matching ladybug and she didn't have to talk him into it.

Samantha got a fish. If you tilt your head to the left and look at it like you would :) You can see a fancy carrot - lol!!!

I saw my favorite guy. It was amazing because when I have the camera...I never see him. I just ♥ this guy for some reason.

The whole Ren Fest day was made possible by Melissa. I work with her and she has been doing Ren Fest for I think 17 seasons. Thanks Melissa for the tickets :)

***************************************
Moving on to scrapping now.
Scrapfreak's challenges for this month was to tell a story with a layout. I have the perfect story for this one.
HEB

Journaling reads: I used to shop for my grandma @ HEB. One cold day off I went with Samantha to shop. She was still in the little carseat and I had her covered so the cold air would stay off of her. When I walked in the store I was in the produce section and I didn't uncover her right away because I was still by the door and I walked further into the store before I stopped to take the receiving blanket down. Out of the blue this little old lady come up and slapped me in the head and told me that it was about time I uncovered "that baby" and walked off. I stood there stunned probably with my mouth hanging open. I never said anything to her. I finished the shopping and told my grandma who really got mad at this woman. I don't ever remember having to shop for her at HEB again.
I used White and Maraschino Bazzill, 7 Gypsies Barcelona "Matarro", Jenni Bowlin "Black Soda Label" and Black Border Sticker. Cat's Eye Chalk in Black. Letters are the Logo from HEB and MM Tiny Letters in Black.
The next challenge was to use a base of patterned paper.
Homecoming '09

Journaling reads: Her 1st date to a dance. His 1st dance. They looked so cute all dressed up and ready to go! 10/24/09
I used Olive and Oatmeal Bazzill, Collage Press Knave of Hearts "Queen of Hearts" and "Loveable" Journal spot is from the Knave Journaling cards, Cats Eye Chalk in Black, and Bling. Letters are by Doodlebug.
On All About Me their Challenge #6 was for "My Mark". Tell the story about a mark that you have. I have already told the story of my tattoos and who cares about my belly button that is grown up now so I decided to make this about the girls.
*Your Mark

Journaling reads: I guess we could call this your "temporary" tattoo. This super cute and very cool looking photo was made when you took a highlighter, a black light, a dark room and a lucky shot w/ your camera. 2008
I used Prism Vanilla cardstock, Misc. PP from my stash, American Crafts Ribbon, and staples. Letters are White Foam Thickers.
Apron Strings posted their Ad Inspiration last Monday and I missed the deadline but I loved the colors.
Maybe one day

Journaling reads: When I see the two of you in a picture...maybe just maybe you both will be looking at the camera at the same time!
I used Artesian Pool Bazzill, Fancy Pants Celebrate "Confetti" and "Play". Bling and my Zig Pen. Letters are Chipboard Thickers in Mulberry and Carolee's Creation Tiny Letters in Teal.
Their Friday 5 this week was to use 2 sheets of Cardstock, 1 set of handmade items, 1 length of Ribbon and 1 frame.
Week Day Date

Journaling reads: Since our dates out together are far and few in between for one reason or another - we have started meeting about once a week @ Starbucks on the way home just to have a few much needed minutes alone together. November 2009
I used Smoke and White Bazzill, MME Misc. PP, Ribbon, and paint. Letters are Doodlebug and Carolee's Creation Tiny Teal letters.


1 comment:
Awesome layout for the Apron Strings challenge -- well all of them really. Thanks for playing! Oh, and you're the winner from the 11/20 challenge. :)
Post a Comment