Some things that I wish I could do on the weekend: *Go to the beach - just to sit there watching the water, feeling the breeze and smelling the salt in the air. *Go to the Butterfly Museum - I ♥ butterflies. It is totally awesome (<--80's expression warning) to sit on the bench and watch them fly around you and sometimes if you are lucky they land on you. I have 2 butterfly tattoos that represent my freedom from 2 failed marriages. *Go and listen to music - good music but somewhere that is not a bar and for some reason that is kind of hard to find around here and it be kid friendly. *The Flea Market - I like looking for a bargain just as much as the next girl.
Well...I didn't get to do any of these today. I played taxi driver but got no tips, I did get to shop - I went to Goodwill because I don't know how to get to the flea market (its far away and I might get lost! Seriously) I found 2 books for $.99 and $1.99 that would have cost me almost $30 at Barnes and Noble. I got Something Borrowed and Summer Lovin'. Then I found this super cute little house that stands tall but holds 2 small baskets on its little shelves. I thought that I could clean it up and maybe cover it with paper and sit it on my scrap table to hold things clearing some room on my overgrowing collection of little items on my table. I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby to use my 40% off coupon that was burning a hole in my wallet but nooooo the girls had other plans.
Samantha came in and we took off for Hobby Lobby but made a pit stop by the movies to see what time the double feature of Toy Story was over because Amber had a day "date" with her boyfriend. So I didn't have much time at all so Samantha and I went to Starbucks for a latte and frappucino with some yummies.

Back to pick up Amber who for some reason didn't want to ride with her boyfriend in his car (which I guess is good) and then we were off to Hobby Lobby :) but then the begging started..."Mom, Plato's Closet is having this amazing sale" I guess their money was burning a hole in their pocket more than my coupon...

This store peeved me. It is set up horribly. Very not shopper friendly at all!!! The aisles are narrow made worse by the large quantity of people who were in there for the sale which really wasn't that good. The music that was blaring in there sucked. Not cause I am getting old but honestly because it just sucked. If it had been lower...it still would have sucked. I left and went to sit in the truck while they shopped. I won't step another foot in that store. Oh and the prices that the girls paid were not that great for used clothing.
So by this time Hobby Lobby is closed so off to CVS to print some photos and we find this!!! 28 servings total of 3 pieces of candy for a rock bottom price of $29.99. That was honestly the largest box of candy I have ever seen.

If that candy wasn't enough...I have not seen Jean Nate in eons! I didn't even think they made it anymore but here is the proof on clearance for $2.49 and if you look in the back there is another bottle of bubble bath for the same price.

Now I am wore out just by telling you about my day :)
********************************************************
October Goals:
*15 layouts
*Finish that stupid little chipboard house that is still haunting me. I now know why I took forever and a day to buy it. Its already flown across the room once. Now it is sitting on my MM embellishment center looking at me.
*Work on the Recipe Book Class on Scrapfreak this month
*Spend less time on Facebook because it really is addicting.


No comments:
Post a Comment