Saturday, October 31, 2009

TGIF Crop

I can't believe another month is gone. It seems like this year is just flying by. Scrapfreak had their monthly TGIF Crop that is challenges by the members to other members. Prizes are optional and it is really good for the mojo :)

This month I did 3 challenges. There were 4 total but the 4th one...I would never use at all.

Beffy's Bling It Challenge:
"glitter, gems, pearls, stickles -- whatever you got thats shiny, shimmery, glittery & blingy!! I wanna see it on a layout!!! the blingier the better!!!
thats the only requirement I have for my challenge is bling bling bling"

Almost Perfect
Photobucket

Photobucket

Journaling reads: This would have been a perfect pic of the two of you except Samantha is in the middle of pondering something complex. Oct. 09

I used Raven and Papaya Bazzill, Basic Grey PP from the Obscure and Mellow Lines from my stash, Green Gel Glitter Pen, Bling x3 colors, Acrylic Flourish, Letters are by Creative Imaginations "Sonnets" and Glitter Letters from Target's dollar spot.

Cheryl's Fall Challenge:
"I love warm earthy colors and find myself using them alot. maybe you dont or you do either way this might be a good challenge for you!!

heres the requirements....
use a pumpkin
use a leaf (any kind)
use a brown shade and a yellow shade."

Falling:
Photobucket

Journaling reads: It is always sad for me to see summer go away. There is something about warm weather and the hot sun that makes everything "happy". Fall for me is always kind of depressing. No "happy" medium on the weather and most days are just blah.

I used Java and Sunbeam Bazzill along with a piece of tan cardstock from my stash, PP is also from my stash, Leaves are adhesive felt from last year @ the dollar spot at Target, the pumpkin is a paper piecing that can be found at scrapbooksetc.com, and bling. The letters are my favorite chipboard Thickers.

Erin's Number Challenge:
"On your layout, you must use the following:

1 ribbon or fiber
2 colors of cardstock
3 photos
4 different patterned papers
5 brads (or eyelets if you're really brave and "old school!")

No more, no less... every element must be the exact number indicated (so, you can't use 3 different cardstocks and 6 photos)."

Hot
Photobucket

Journaling reads: We had to go for your yearly physical so you could run in athletics. After the drs visit & bloodwork - we stopped for a late breakfast at Taco Cabana. You ordered your favorite...bean and cheese tacos. One bite and you knew they were freshly made and verrrryyy...

I used a piece of ribbon to make a photo corner, 2 pieces of Bazzill in Kraft and White, 3 photos, 4 PP from my stash and 5 brads to hold on my Heidi Swapp Ghost letters.

No comments: